Frequently asked questions

You can use the e-service if you don't need the help of the fire brigade in case of flooding or a storm (for instance if there are many damages to your roof covering, a flooded basement or flooding on the public road).

If someone is potentially in danger or in case of fire, you always have to call 112 (for instance, if there are injured victims or a danger of collapse or if a fallen tree totally or partially blocks the public road).

If you cannot use the e-service, call 1722 when this number has been activated. If the number 1722 is not in use, call 112.

According to the situation, some costs are associated with an intervention of the fire brigade. You will find more information about it in the retribution regulation of your rescue zone.

The fire brigade does all it can to help everyone as fast as possible. If there are many requests simultaneously, you will have to wait a little longer, so that the fire brigade can first help those who urgently need their intervention. The fire brigade will group the requests in order to avoid going constantly from one place to another. If you have introduced a request, wait patiently for the fire brigade to come and do not call 1722 or 112 to ask when the fire brigade will arrive.

Yes, you can and it is preferable do it if, after having introduced your request, you notice that the intervention of the fire brigade is not needed any more (for instance if the water in your basement is gone). If you don't cancel your request, the fire brigade could charge fees because they turned out for nothing.

However, the fire brigade is not a handyman or repair service. They don't come to put your tiles right, to repair your glass dome or terrace covering, to clean or repair your gutter, or to saw a fallen tree or loose branch on your own property into pieces and to remove it. For this, you don't have to call the fire department, but a qualified professional.

Do you have other questions?

Read an accessible version of the infographic above